Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sample Meal Plan - 4 Weeks Out!

I've received a number of requests for my meal plans recently, so here goes! See below for a typical day....I eat every 2-3 hours (generally at 7, 10, 12:30, 3, 5 & 7), and drink 1+ gallon of water per day.  I am 4 weeks out from my next NPC Figure Competition, so my goal now is to gain as much muscle as possible in the next month.  I am 5'2", 120 lbs, and about 12-13% body fat, so I don't need to drop much fat (if any) before competing again.

Please also note that I am NOT a dietician or nutritionist.  Competing and eating a clean vegan diet are hobbies for me, and I'm happy to share what has worked, but I recommend that you work with a nutritionist or trainer to develop the best plan for you.

My current daily macronutrient goals are:
  • 1,600 calories
    • 50% from PROTEIN = 800 calories = 200 grams
    • 35% from COMPLEX CARBS = 560 calories = 140 grams
    • 15% from HEALTHY FATS = 240 calories = 26 grams

My carbs were a little high today, but overall I was pretty close to goal!

MEAL 1: Tofu-veggie scramble on gluten-free (GF) toast, topped with a salsa/hemp protein combo.
MEAL 2: Quinoa mixed with steamed asparagus and seitan
MEAL 3: Protein shake with veggies and hemp-dip
MEAL 4: Spinach topped with Mexican Lightlife
MEAL 5: Protein shake with rice cakes topped with PB2
MEAL 6: Spaghetti Squash Delight (recipe coming soon!)







I'll post a few more over the upcoming days!















































































































































2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting! Very insightful. I don't know how I missed this post before. (This is SweetPotatoHealth from instagram and MyFitnessPal) My question is: do you take into account your exercise for the day and adjust your calorie intake accordingly? Or are you set at this intake, regardless of your workout that day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't track my exercise on MFP at all, and really don't change my caloric intake much based on exercise. BUT on leg day I may add in a few extra carbs.... And any day, if I'm hungry, then I eat more!

      Delete